Print ISSN: 2520-6338
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The journal publishes original, previously unpublished materials based on the introduction of new sources in the scientific circulation and written according to the latest world historiography on fundamental theoretical and applied problems of Belarussian and World history, source study, the history of science and methods of historical research, archeology and special historical disciplines, archival science and museum studies.
Special Topic Section
History of Arts
Review and Bibliography
To the Memory of Scientist
4 issues per year.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
“Journal of the Belarusian State University. History” is an open access journal. All articles are made freely available to readers immediately upon publication.
Our open access policy is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition - it means that articles have free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself.
For more information please read BOAI statement.
National Library of Belarus (print and online versions)
Fundamental Library of the Belarusian State University (print and online versions)
Scientific Electronic Library “Elibrary.ru” (online version)
Electronic Library System of Publishing House “Lan” (online version)
Bavarian State Library (online version)
A double-blind peer-review method is a mandatory process for all scientific manuscripts submitted to the editorial staff of “Journal of the Belarusian State University. History”.
Order of peer-review
а) the editor-in-chief of the journal reviews the manuscript submitted for publication within ten workdays beginning from the date of receiving the manuscript by the editorial staff. Then the author is informed about the decision made by the chief editor;
b) review of the manuscript by experts is performed within thirty workdays from the date of its submission from the editor-in-chief;
c) with the approval of the editorial board and the reviewer, manuscript review may be performed within the shorter period as to include the manuscript into the coming issue of the journal.
5. Content of review:
а) the review should contain the expert analysis of the manuscript according to the following characteristics: accordance of the matter of the article with its title; relevance of the research issue; scientific novelty of obtained results; reasonability of publication of the article according to the previously published literature on the matter; presentation of the data (writing, style, used categories and constructions);
b) the reviewer is obliged to provide recommendations to the author and the editorial staff on article adaptation. Reviewer’s remarks and recommendations should by critical, objective, and worthwhile for scientific and methodological aspects of the article;
c) in the conclusion the review should contain one of the followings decisions:
– to recommend the manuscript for publication in public sources;
– to recommend the manuscript for publication in public sources after the remarks suggested by the reviewers have been agreed with the author, with the following repeated review by the same reviewer;
– to recommend to reject the publication of the manuscript in public sources due to its nonconformance with the requirements for scientific level of the journal.
6. If the reviewer makes decision to recommend the manuscript for publication in public sources after the remarks have been agreed, the authors should make all necessary corrections in the final version of the manuscript and submit the final text with the cover letter (response for the reviewer). In this case the date of submission to the editorial board is the date when the revised manuscript has been returned. If the reviewer makes the same decision for the repeated review (i.e. impossibility to accept the paper without revision), the manuscript is considered to be rejected and is no more the subject of review by the editorial board of the journal.
7. For overall negative assessment of the manuscript, the reviewer should make a very compelling argument for his conclusion.
8. The author is informed about the decision within ten workdays (via an electronic submission system). The editorial board sends the review of the manuscript to authors in electronic format without the signature and indication of the surname, occupation and affiliation of reviewers in a mandatory manner. If the manuscript is rejected, the review and reasonable rejection are sent to the author.
9. After peer-review the articles allowed to publication are edited and made up. PDF-file of the article is sent to the corresponding author for agreement. During two-three days the author should agree the article with the editorial staff. If it is impossible to come to an agreement (the editorial staff and the author cannot agree on the point in issue or the author doesn’t contact) the editorial staff is allowed to reject the article.
10.The editorial board does not retain rejected manuscripts.
11. The manuscripts accepted for publication are not returned. The manuscripts with negative response from the reviewer are not published and also are not returned to the author.
12. The reviews are retained in the editorial office of the journal for five years.
13. The editorial staff has the right to send the articles (partly or completely) to foreign organizations, indexing the scientific publication and to post the articles on journal’s website.
14. The order for manuscripts’ publication is determined according to the editorial plan of journal issue.
Articles in “Journal of the Belarusian State University. History” are indexed by several systems:
Russian Scientific Citation Index (elibrary.ru)
All participants of publishing processes, i. e. authors, editors, reviewers, publishers, are responsible for observing publication ethics rules, stated below. The editorial board monitors the fulfillment of ethics requirements based on the guidelines prepared by international specialized organizations, associations and publishers, as well as the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP). The editorial staff of «Journal of the Belarusian State University. History» follows the main standards, developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and "Elsevier" Publishing House as well as the declaration of «Ethical Principles of Scientific Publications», adopted by ASEP.
RESPONSIBILITY OF PARTICIPANTS' PUBLICATION PROCESS
A. The rights we require are:
B. When reproducing tables or figures from another source, it is expected that:
ACTIONS OF EDITORS AT REVEALING PLAGIARISM, FABRICATION OR FALSIFICATION
CORRECTION OF ERRORS AND ARTICLE RETRACTION
Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus.
Publication in journal is free of charge for all the authors.
The journal doesn't have any Arcticle processing charges.
The journal doesn't have any Article submission charges.
POLICY OF DISCLOSURE AND CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Unpublished data from manuscripts submitted for consideration cannot be used for personal research without the written consent of the author.
Information or ideas obtained during peer-review and related activities, which potentially can be beneficial to any party other than the author, must be kept confidential and not be used for personal gain.
Reviewers should not participate in examination of manuscripts in case of conflict of interest that is a result of any competitive, cooperative, and/or other interactions and relationships with any of the authors, companies, and/or other organizations involved in the creation or presentation of the works.
DERIVATION AND PLAGIARISM
During the consideration of an article, the editorial staff carries out verification of the submitted materials with the help of the Anti-plagiarism system. In the case of the discovery of multiple incidents of content matching, the editorial staff acts in accordance with the rules of COPE.
PREPRINT AND POSTPRINT POLICY
During the submission process, the author should confirm that the article has not been published and/or accepted for publication in any other journal.
Articles, which have been previously posted by the author on personal and/or public websites that have no relationship to any other publishers, are allowed to be submitted to the journal.