Evolution of Belarusian-Polish relations at the present stage: balance of interests
The present article is dedicated to the analysis of the Belarusian-Polish relations’ development during the post-USSR period. The conclusion is made that despite the geographical neighborhood of both countries, their cultural and historical proximity, cooperation between Minsk and Warsaw didn’t comply with the existing capacity. Political contradictions became the reason for that, which resulted in fluctuations in bilateral cooperation, local conflicts on the inter-state level. The author makes an attempt to identify the main reasons for a low level of efficiency in bilateral relations and to give an assessment of foreign factors impact on Minsk and Warsaw policies.
- Treaty Between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Poland on Good-neighbourliness and Friendly Cooperation. URL: http://naviny.org/1992/06/23/by76994.html (date of access: 02.04.2016) (in Russ.).
- Kravchenko P. K. Belarus at the turn: a diplomatic breakthrough in the world: speeches, articles, interviews, talks, diplomatic documents and correspondence. Minsk, 2009 (in Russ.).
- Kravchenko P. K. Belarus at the crossroads, or the Truth about Bialowieza Agreement. Notes of a diplomat and politician. Moscow, 2006 (in Russ.).
- Tihomirov A. V. Belarus’s relations with the neighbouring countries of Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia) in 1991–2001. URL: http://elib.org.ua/belarus/ua_readme.php (date of access: 02.12.2016) (in Russ.).
- Shadurski V. Belarusian multi-vector foreign policy principle. Problems of foreign and security policy: Belarus – Poland: history and prospects of cooperation. Minsk, 2009. P. 37–46 (in Russ.).
- “MFA is looking towards the East” – Deputy Minister Marek Zulkowski]. URL: http://www.minsk.msz.gov.pl/be/aktualnosci/0mmz (date of access: 22.02.2017) (in Russ.).
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Belarus and the Government of the Republic of Poland on the border traffic rules. URL: http://www.pravo.by/pdf/2010-300/2010-300%28011-046%29.pdf (date of access: 22.02.2016) (in Russ.).
- Smirnov A. Belarusian experts: visit to Belarus of the Foreign Ministers of Germany and Poland – a clear message from Europe. URL: http://www.dw.com/ru/белорусские-эксперты-визит-в-беларусь-министров-иностранных-дел-германии-и-польши-четкий-месседж-европы/a-6183242 (date of access: 22.02.2015.) (in Russ.).
- Tikhomirov A. Poland for Belarus – favorite enemy. URL: http://naviny.by/rubrics/politic/2012/03/24/ic_articles_112_177284 (date of access: 22.01.2017) (in Russ.).
- On the Working Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus Vladimir Makei to Poland. URL: https://mfa.gov.by/press/news_mfa/c98b97974b5ab904.html (date of access: 22.02.2017) (in Russ.).
- Transcript of an interview with the Minister of Foreign Affairs V. Makei to Polish newspaper “Rzeczpos polita” (9 October, 2016, Warsaw). URL: http://mfa.gov.by/press/smi/b0e4aa770383c1d1.html (date of access: 22.12.2016) (in Russ.).
- Matveev V. Lukashenko hopes for an active dialogue between Belarus and Poland. URL: http://www.belta.by/president/view/lukashenko-rasschityvaet-na-nachalo-samogo-aktivnogo-dialoga-mezhdu-belarusjju-i-polshej-222160-2016/ (date of access: 14.12.2016) (in Russ.).
- Mikhalchuk L. Polish Embassy: visas will become more accessible. URL: http://www.belrynok.by/ru/page/society/2676/ (date of access: 22.02.2017) (in Russ.).
- Economic cooperation. URL: http://poland.mfa.gov.by/be/bilateral_relations/trade_economic/ (date of access: 22.12.2016) (in Russ.).
- Shevtsov Y. United Nation. Belarus Phenomenon.Moscow, 2005 (in Russ.).
- Drakokhrust Yu. Is there a reason for Belarusians to watch out for Poland?. URL: http://www.svaboda.org/a/28220188.html (date of access: 22.02.2017) (in Russ.).
- Tourist visa in Grodno: Some Poles perceive Belarus as a North Korea. URL: http://www.belaruspartisan.org/life/362156/ (date of access: 22.12.2016) (in Russ.).
- Leszek Sherepka: “We do not want to deprive Belarusians of their national consciousness”. URL: http://nn.by/?c=ar&i=184429&lang=ru (date of access: 22.02.2017) (in Russ.).
- Minister Witold Waszczykowski on Polish diplomacy priorities in 2017. URL: http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/news/minister_witold_waszczykowski_on_polish_diplomacy_priorities_in_2017 (date of access: 22.02.2017).
The authors who are published in this journal agree to the following:
- The authors retain copyright on the work and provide the journal with the right of first publication of the work on condition of license Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial. 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0).
- The authors retain the right to enter into certain contractual agreements relating to the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g. post it on the institutional repository, publication in the book), with the reference to its original publication in this journal.
- The authors have the right to post their work on the Internet (e.g. on the institutional store or personal website) prior to and during the review process, conducted by the journal, as this may lead to a productive discussion and a large number of references to this work. (See The Effect of Open Access.)